Friday, June 17, 2011

Growing Up in the Main Street - June 4th










This exhibition,organised by Vicki Haggar, attracted huge interest. Vicki was was born and grew up in Pembroke Main Street and her exhibition was a memoir of the Street as it was while she was growing up. Said Vicki, " Many people have helped me in my search for historical facts about Main Street premises and I am truly grateful to them all for their kindness and help. Although I am not an historian I have done my best to collect historical data and present it but alongside this I have tried to convey a picture of Pembroke as I saw it in my time. What the people meant to me, the local characters, the shops, the shopkeepers etc. There is so much to say but one can only write a few words on a display and this is why I ask that anyone with memories, photo’s or anything of interest on Pembroke Main Street contact us so that we can build a bigger picture and leave our memories recorded in time never to be lost as so many things are. "


No comments:

Post a Comment